Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 1997 17:55:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org, FreeBSD-SCSI@freebsd.org, "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
Subject:   Re: Announcement:  New DPT RAID Controller Driver Available

  www.dpt.com says this controller has a 40mhz 68040 ??

> I would like you to help me in posting an announcement on the proper
> FreeBSD lists and in checking it in.

  Anyone volunteered for the check-in yet?  Has a FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE
boot disk been made with the DPT driver?

  I'm looking at a RAID solution for a freebsd server I'm building.
Reliability is important (previous server had an uptime of 209 days before
a flaky disk forced a reboot!).   Basically, either I use the DPT
controller, or a Mylex SCSI-to-SCSI controller connected to a standard PCI
controller.  The Mylex solution is kinda slow, but since it simply appears
as a really big disk connected to your SCSI bus, it is almost guarrenteeed
to work with FreeBSD.

  Anyone else using any kinda of RAID solution with freebsd now?

Tom