Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:06:23 +0200
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mpd: PPTP call failed

At 15/04/2003, you wrote:
>Hi I have a very strange problem with mpd which I am really not able to
>understand.
>I copied and adapted the config files from other two working bsd boxes but
>I am not able to let them work in this situation.
>
>Could be a problem of the carrier which could block some type of protocols ?

I have to add that the other two working boxes are in a little different
configuration. One box is fully natted behind another 645R router which
maps all its port on the FreeBSD box, the other one is running PPPoE with
user PPP so there is no nat on the public IP....

So could my problem related to the fact that Zyxel 645R (in the "problem"
situation it is on both side of the vpn) is not able to fully map
protocol/port on the FreeBSD box behind it ?

Thanks....

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"
http://www.gufi.org/~gmarco