Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 03:17:01 +0200
From:      Thomas =?iso-8859-1?q?W=FCrfl?= <ThomasWuerfl@gmx.de>
To:        snorp@email.nu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB Mp3 Player

> Someone told me that this device needed the DA_Q_NO_6_BYTE quirk in
> scsi_da.c, and I have tried to fix it. Apparently I'm not much of a hacker,
> so here's the question: has anyone with success been able to attach and
> mount this mp3 player? If not, is there any chances of seeing a
> patch/fix/whatever for this soon?

Hi,

have you put this to your scsi_da.c?

{
	/*
	 *  Frontier Labs     NEX II Digital Audio Player
	 * Doesn't work correctly with 6 byte reads/writes.
	 */
	{T_DIRECT, SIP_MEDIA_REMOVABLE, "Frontier Labs", ""NEX II Digital Audio
Player,"*"},
	/*quirks*/ DA_Q_NO_6_BYTE
},

Add it to the umass-stuff and rekompile/install your kernel (see handbook).
There is also a patch for generic support from Lars Eggert, but this is more
tricky:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=misc/32490

Regards,
Tom