Date:      Wed, 20 Jan 1999 20:57:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: boot.flp versions

>From 19990112?  I had no such problems on three different systems.

(System #3 had a lot of other unrelated problems, like a loose
ethernet cable and mislabelled jumpers on drives, but none of them
were 19990112-related.) :)

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

: On 21-Jan-99 Richard J. Dawes wrote:
: >  The "boot.flp" in 3.0.0-19990112-SNAP/floppies is 2880K, which of course
: >  won't work.  [I think this was acknowledged earlier by JKH, but has gone
: >  unfixed.]  I'm wondering if an earlier boot.flp, say from the 1/6/99
: >  SNAP, will work just the same?  Thanks.
: The boot.flp is broken..
: Try the 2 disk install (ie kern.flp and mfsroot.flp)
:
: They boot, but when I got some sucker^h^h^h^h friend to test it, he had no end of trouble
: installing. Things like sysinstall trying to run the holographic shell twice,
: mounting things twice and sig-11'ing..
:
: I recommended a source install after that :)

- Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
  Network Administrator, zigg.com <http://www.zigg.com/>;
  Engineer, Nameless IRC Network <http://www.nameless.net/>;