Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:23:22 -0500
From:      David R Loszewski <lists@bsdadmins.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.3 problem with xorg video

I have a Dell Inspiron 8000 which has a Nvidia GeForce2 Go,  I've had
everything working fine under FreeBSD 5.2.1 with XFree86 using the nv
driver for my video card, but now when I updated my system to FreeBSD
5.3 it won't work now that it's using xorg.  Using the same driver with
the same configuration as well as different configurations that I've
tried it refuses to execute into X11 when I type 'startx'.  Instead it
comes up something like "found screen but no usuable configuration
found", similar to what would happen if using an incorrect driver, I've
tried to use vga and vesa drivers but no change.  I did not copy my
XFree86 config file over to the new system setup, it was a clean
install. Ideas on what to do?, btw, why did they change to xorg from
XFree86?

any help would be appreciated,
Dave