Date:      Tue, 7 Dec 1999 15:09:39 +0200 (EET)
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /kernel: proc: table is full

I have setu hosts.access file but do you have any experience with it? I
have some simple questions :)
and my answer is below,

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Dec 1999 10:13:29 +0200, Evren Yurtesen wrote:
>
> > Right after I have setup /etc/hosts.allow file I was
> > trying if it is working good but at the same time I got
> > this message in my logs.
>
> I'm not sure that the two are related if you're using a modern FreeBSD.
> It's possible you have a buggy inetd, but you'd need to send us the
> output of the following command:
>
> 	ident /usr/sbin/inetd

Here it is $Id: inetd.c,v 1.46.2.8 1999/07/23 14:49:15 des Exp $

> It may simply be that it's coincidental that you've noticed these
> messages while you're verifying your /etc/hosts.allow configuration.
> The messages indicates that a call to fork() failed because creating a
> new process would break the maxproc limit in the kernel.

in my kernel maxusers is 64 and the machine is not heavily loaded.
I am sure that the messages started when I was playing with hosts.allow
file because they started at the same time when I tried testing something
and ended when I stop playing with that thing.
I think I was disabling telnet and trying to telnet from outside.