Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 09:20:17 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Ports question

I just made a new JDK release for FreeBSD, and I need a way to determine
which 'flavor' of FreeBSD is being used on the build system in order to
determine which 'flavor' of binary should be used.

I have both an A.OUT version and an ELF version, and I'd like to install
the most appropriate version on the system.

Second, on ELF systems, if the data of /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 is older
than March 24, I need to install a new loader.  Or, I need to abort the
installation since it requires a new runtime loader.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I would go about doing this?
I'm *NOT* a ports person, nor have I made any port from scratch, so be
gentle with me. :) :)

Nate