Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:01:37 +0200
From:      "lycanthrope" <lycanthrope@post.htnet.hr>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   VPN poptop

Hello!

I'm using pptpd (PoPToP) on my server to enable clients on LAN to access =
internet (DSL connected to ethernet card on server). That works =
perfectly. Users dial VPN to the server,log in and can surf freely.
Now, I would like to enable internet users to access LAN resources. =
Server has a registered DNS name, and is pingable from the internet. =
Simple VPN connection doesnt work-internet clients connect to server,but =
can not access (ping) LAN users.
This is pptpd configuration:

/usr/local/etc/pptpd.conf:

option /etc/ppp/ppp.conf
localip 172.16.99.1
remoteip 172.16.99.15-113
pidfile /var/run/pptpd.pid

-----
/etc/ppp/ppp.conf

papchap:
        set device PPPoE:ed0
        set speed sync
        set mru 1492
        set mtu 1492
        set ctsrts off

        enable lqr

        set log phase tun

        add default HISADDR
        enable dns

        set authname jbek03@htnet-dsl
        set authkey KR24N8DE

pptp:
 set timeout 0
 set log phase chat connect lcp ipcp
 set dial
 set login
 set ifaddr 172.16.99.1 172.16.99.15-172.16.99.113 255.255.255.0
 set server /tmp/loop "" 0177
 enable chap
 disable pap
 enable proxy
 accept dns
 set dns 195.29.150.3 195.29.150.4
 set device !/etc/ppp/secure

----

papchap section of ppp.conf is DSL dialing portion, and pptp is the VPN =
part.

So, how to enable internet users to access server LAN via VPN, and keep =
LAN users's capability to access internet via VPN?

Thank You VERY much!

Regards, Marin