Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 1998 03:02:23 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Tomi Vainio <tomppa@fidata.fi>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problem capturing video with BT848/Haughpage Win/Tv

Amancio Hasty writes:
 > Thats a good clue. Perhaps your shared memory segment is not big enough or
 > the kernel failed to allocate such a big memory segment.
 > Play with SHMMAXPGS options...
 >
 > >From LINT:
 > options         "SHMMAX=(SHMMAXPGS*PAGE_SIZE+1)"
 > options         SHMMAXPGS=1025

I already have these:
options         SYSVSHM
options         "SHMMAX=(SHMMAXPGS*PAGE_SIZE+1)"
options         SHMALL=8192
options         SHMMAXPGS=8192
options         SHMMIN=2
options         SHMMNI=128
options         SHMSEG=32

 > The other possibility is that your login defaults are too small:
 > your /etc/login.conf dictates your limits.

cputime         unlimited
filesize        unlimited
datasize        16MB
stacksize       8MB
coredumpsize    unlimited
memoryuse       30MB
memorylocked    10MB
maxproc         64
descriptors     64

 > And why you didn't report this earlier??

I reported this same problem with Xaccel server on July 1997.

BTW.  I still have to use this to get picture inside window
tvcapture.c line 1509:
        video.addr      = x->base_addr + (g.y * x->pitch + g.x + 256) * Bpp;

  Tomppa
--
SUN Microsystems Oy PL 102, Niittymäentie 9, 02201 ESPOO, Finland
Tomi Vainio (System Support Engineer)             +358 9 52556300 hotline