Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2000 17:56:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   mod_php4 and other questions.

I've created a port for php4 that builds using APXS.

This avoids all the hassle of having to try and integrate apache+foo+bar
in a single port.

I've got mod_php3 in progress too but mod_php4 sidetracked me...

ftp://ftp.jurai.net/users/winter/mod_php4.tgz for the portball.

One question I've got is how to deal with all the configurable options in
a sane manner.

What I'd really like is to be able to figure out which ports are installed
and conditionally pass the right options to configure.

Currently I've got --with-pgsql hardcoded; I'd like to avoid doing this
and let the port discover which databases are installed etc.

Any ideas?

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |