Date:      Mon, 19 May 1997 09:29:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      batie@aahz.jf.intel.com (Alan Batie)
To:        pete@sms.fi (Petri Helenius)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, joerg@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone know of any software for playing Video CDs?

> As in other hand all of the current DVD-players are accounted as
> having stunning picture quality.

Pardon the mild diversion from devices capable of running FreeBSD :-)

The Pioneer units seem to have an odd mottling artifact in some places.
I have to admit that I didn't notice it until David G. pointed it out;
I haven't been able to catch it with the other players.  The Sony is
supposed to be the best, but the remote is just on the verge of unusable.
I'm probably going to with the cheap Toshiba, as nothing I have supports
component video, and it's probably a waste to spend more on 1rst generation
hardware.

--
Alan Batie                     ------        What goes up, must come down.
batie@aahz.jf.intel.com        \    /        Ask any system administrator.