Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:27:40 +0100 (CET)
From:      Jan Conrad <conrad@dirac.physik.uni-bonn.de>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Inter FreeBSD-227 nfs mounts at boottime fail!

Hi,

thanks for your answer!

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Doug White wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, Jan Conrad wrote:
>
> > I am running FreeBSD-2.2.7 on six of my machines, where the standard
> > client machine has the following fstab (excerpt)
> >
> > /nilles/share@dirac /nilles/share nfs rw,bg,soft,nodev        0 0
> > /nilles/home@dirac  /nilles/home  nfs rw,bg,soft,nosuid,nodev 0 0
> > /nilles/osf@mach    /nilles/osf   nfs rw,bg,soft,nodev        0 0
>
> Syntax error.  FreeBSD's NFS mount format is:
>
> host:filesystem

oh - I didn't no - thanks.
but it doesen't matter, unfortunately (the old format seems to be
understood)

The FreeBSD nfs mounts are still delayed about a minute or so...

> I'm not sure 'nodev' is a valid option, it's not on the mount_nfs manpage.

well - it is on the mount.8 manpage - mount itself shows nodev to be
active for the nfs mounts.

> Doug White
> Internet:  dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu    | FreeBSD: The Power to Serve
> http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~dwhite    | www.freebsd.org

best regards
	Jan

--
Physikalisches Institut der Universitaet Bonn
Nussallee 12