Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 2003 15:08:14 -0400
From:      "Sperry Russ" <sperry@newcreations.info>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Failed to Boot

Hi,

I am new to FreeBSD with a little experience in Linux and of course have=
 used Windows. I have installed the Freebsd 4.8 from a CD that I downloaded=
 and burned. I got the 610mb iso.

I am using a boot manager named BootIt  and have win2000, linux and other=
 systems installed.

When I installed FreeBSD I set it not to modify my boot manager.  Upon my=
 first boot it booted to the point of a prompt with the words: mount root>=
 and informed me that i needed to supply a file system and device.

What do I need to do to make it boot to a normal command line? I searched=
 the faq and could find nothing about it in the Install manual either.

Thanks,
Sperry