Date:      Wed, 1 Oct 2003 19:38:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bryan Liesner <bleez@comcast.net>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem w/ ACPI in -CURRENT: Update

Now I'm having an issue with ACPI.  I used to hit the power button and
that would initiate a proper shutdown.  Now it seems to do nothing,
but when I reboot the system goes into a suspended state before
completing the shutdown.  The motherboard beeps three times, the
screen goes blank, and will complete the shutdown after I hit the any
key.

The strange thing is that in the past, a user initiated suspend while
the system is running would never blank the screen, but this
suspend-before-shutdown does...

What do you need from me to help resolve this?