Date:      Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:53:18 -0700
From:      Devin Teske <devin.teske@fisglobal.com>
To:        Noel <noeldude@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Broadcom BCM5780 Link-UP before auto-negotiation completes

On Aug 25, 2011, at 3:39 PM, Noel wrote:

> On 8/25/2011 4:26 PM, Devin Teske wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>=20
>> I've got three different workstations each with a Broadcom Gigabit Ether=
net card
>> (slightly different models, but all running the bge(4) device driver) on
>> FreeBSD-8.1 RELEASE.
>>=20
>> We've having a strange problem where each/every single reboot ends up in
>> dropping to single-user mode

[snip]

>>=20
>> Suggestions welcome.
>=20
>=20
> I've found this workaround useful with my bge cards:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2010-April/056400.html

I see that this solution has been added to HEAD, a little over 2 months ago=
 (but netwait rather than waitnetwork):

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=3Drevision&revision=3D223310

Thanks Noel for the tip!
--=20
Devin

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidentia=
l. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message an=
d all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any ma=
nner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware=
 that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and revie=
w by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.