Date:      Fri, 05 Mar 1999 11:14:05 +0100
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Successfully cross-compiling Linux code!

Stephen Hocking-Senior Programmer PGS Tensor Perth wrote:

> Well, after unpacking various RPMs from my RedHat 5.23 CD, making a number of
> hardlinks within the library directories under /compat/linux, I've finally got
> this going. Who do I contact to put together an official Linux development
> port that'll work?

I've made 2 ports (linux-base and linux-devel) based on Red Hat packages, to
be used as a substitute for the current ports (linux_lib and linux_devel).
I've made them (and an updated port of RPM) available on
http://www.wi.leidenuniv.nl/~mhmoolen/ until Mike (or anyone else for that
matter) has the time to commit it.

I think it's best to talk to me for now, so we can join the best of both.

BTW: (cross-)compilation also works with my ports :-)

marcel