Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2002 01:20:20 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please fix port compilation problems

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 01:03:01AM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Hi all,
>=20
> With the 5.0 Developer Preview snapshot just around the corner it's
> very important that we get as many ports building as possible.  There
> are a *lot* of easily fixed compilation errors under 5.0 (for example,
> over a hundred ports are still broken because of <malloc.h>).  In
> total there are several hundred ports which compile under 4.x but fail
> to compile under 5.0 (I don't have an exact total because I've had
> lots of problems getting a full 5.0 package run to complete, due to
> instability problems with 5.0, as well as miscellaneous problems with
> the cluster).
>=20
> Anyone with some spare time please visit
>=20
>   http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/5-latest/
>=20
> and identify and fix some ports!

Please let me know if you think there's something wrong with an error
log; i.e. you think the port should actually compile and something
went wrong on bento.  I should also note that this is a CVS tree from
about a week ago (I gave up on it because greenvm was causing massive
instability), so if the problem has been fixed already then don't
worry about it.  I'll run another build immediately after this one
finishes.

Kris

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo--