Date:      04 Jul 2002 15:45:50 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gnome2 buggy?

--=-+TIWnnrMJ8HLmHlY5HK0

On Thu, 2002-07-04 at 15:16, Jan Lentfer wrote:
> Hi all,
>=20
> has anyone of you sucessfully installed the gnome2 port? I did just
> finish and everything is buggy: I can't open a Gnome Terminal, Windows
> look very strange (no frame and resize/minimize, etc buttons until you
> move them around once), can't open Sawfish configuration, and so on.....
> gdm does not let me log in when i turn it on it /etc/ttys, it works when
> I start it as root, though.

A few users, including myself, have successfully installed the gnome2
meta-port.  However, I have not been able to test on alpha as I don't
have any alpha workstations.  All my testing has been on i386.  Can you
send the output of ~/.gnomerc-errors or the errors you see on the
console when trying to do things like open a gnome-terminal?

Also, do you have the _latest_ ports tree?  That is, are you running
GNOME 2.0 Final?  As for your sawfish configurator problem, what version
of librep do you have installed?

Joe

>=20
> Any hints appreciated,
>=20
> Jan
>=20
> PS: jan-alpha# uname -a
> FreeBSD jan-alpha.lan 4.6-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE-p1 #0: Thu Jul=20
>   4 01:58:36 CEST 2002     jan@jan-alpha.lan:/usr/src/sys/compile/EV56=20
> alpha
>=20
>=20
>=20
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-gnome" in the body of the message
>=20

--=-+TIWnnrMJ8HLmHlY5HK0

--=-+TIWnnrMJ8HLmHlY5HK0--