Date:      Sat, 06 Feb 1999 02:05:47 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SKIP on 3.0  ? lkm vs kld = SOL ?

On 5 Feb 1999 17:19:44 -0500, in sentex.lists.freebsd.misc you wrote:

>I was trying to install SKIP on a 3.0 STABLE box and I am having problems
>getting it to boot up.  The port compliles cleanly, but when I reboot, I
>get the following
>
>ruby# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/skip.sh
> skipld: /kernel: malformed input file (not rel or archive)
>modload: /usr/bin/ld: return code 1
>
>skip: failed to load driver
>skip: perhaps too many drivers are loaded?
>

>I have LKM support in my ELF kernel, but it does not seem to make a
>difference.

OK, looking back at some of the threads, it seems I am hosed since the ELF
cannot load klds ?  Is that correct ?

Are there any other options for VPN on the 3.0 branch ?  SKIP wasnt/isnt
the greatest, but I had decent luck with it on the 2.2 branch of things...

	---Mike

Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada