Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:37:24 -0500
From:      Jacques Vidrine <n@nectar.com>
To:        "Thomas Runge" <runge@rostock.zgdv.de>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: POSE

On 14 October 1999 at 10:00, "Thomas Runge" <runge@rostock.zgdv.de> wrote:
[snip -- POSE]
> If someone is interested, I could make a port, but I don't know,
> how one can configure the dependencies for egcs. Or do I have to
> make a special egcs port by copying the existing and just adding
> one line for configure and depending on that port?

Yes, please do make a port and submit it using send-pr(1).

For specifics on making a port, see
 http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/porting.html

Also, if egcs is needed for the ports, just make sure you add
USE_NEWGCC=YES in the port Makefile.  This will cause a dependency
on gcc 2.95.1 on -STABLE only (since -CURRENT already has egcs).

Thanks!
--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / nectar@FreeBSD.org