Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:54:09 +0200
From:      Thomas Nystrom <thn@saeab.se>
To:        Tuomo Latto <djv@mbnet.fi>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VT6102 and RTL 8100

Tuomo Latto wrote:

> Hi,
> does anyone have any idea whether VIA VT6102 "Rhine II" and Realtek RTL
> 8100 Ethernet chips are supported by FreeBSD?
> The hardware list for supported chips does list 'VT86C100A "Rhine II"' but
> according to VIA website VT86C100A is actually just "Rhine" and it is
> obviously not the same chip. (The 'VT3043 "Rhine I"' chip mentioned in
> hardware list can not be found with the search function on the VIA website
> at all.)

The VIA VT6102 is supported.

The names of the Rhine-chips listed for FreeBSD is a little bit
confusing. Be prepared to get the same kind of confusion when you look
at the dmesg output during a boot....

Can't say anything about Realtek chips.

/thn

Svensk Aktuell Elektronik AB                     Thomas Nyström
Box 10                                    Phone: +46 8 35 92 85
S-191 21  Sollentuna                        Fax: +46 8 35 92 86
Sweden                                      Email: thn@saeab.se