Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 1995 19:32:10 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Glen Foster <gfoster@osmre.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Release stability

> Features are nice to have but the measure of any operating system is
> how dependable it is.  In my book features account for about 20% and
> dependability (in which I include both predictability and stability)
> about 80% of the "quality" of a release.  Please, please, please do
> not compromise the quality of 2.1.

Just to set that particular record straight, no one here has even
mentioned compromising the quality of 2.1.  In fact, it's that very
unwillingness to compromise its quality that has led us to push its
release date out into July.  We're now talking about an interim release
to take some of the heat off!

					Jordan