Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2007 18:20:13 +0200
From:      "Gueven Bay" <gueven.bay@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why 7.0 is so late ?

2007/10/17, Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>:

> > while companies like Microsoft must publish in time to make the share holders
>
> not to mention that microsoft regularly has delays like year.
>
> > happy, FreeBSD can afford to wait until the programmers are convinced that
> > their work is good enough for the public.
> >
> > Erich

Please,

stop mentioning this company in every discussion that "seems" to
"attack" *BSD in some way.

Discussing M. - especially their development processes or business
tactics - does not accomplish anything for us.

First acknowledge that FBSD 7 is late. The estimate was for 5 months
ago. And if I say to someone I want to meet him at 8 o'clock but
arrive 78 hours later, then I am late. Period.

But as several community members already said: No one is really
waiting for 7 so that the developers can take their time to make it as
perfect as possible.

So, but the original question was : What is not working _now_  at this
moment so that 7 cannot be released _now_ ?
The original question was not (I repeat NOT): Which  international
conspiracy is holding up the developers of FreeBSD 7 from releasing?
Without discussing M. or the Illuminati and U.F.O.s and with that
guaranteeing that the original question will never be answered you can
concentrate on answering OR you can take your "finger" from the reply
button/menue point/whatever and wait that maybe a developer will read
the original posters mail and answer it.

With a curious eye waiting for a real answer to the original question...