Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:24:34 -0500
From:      Andrew J Caines <A.J.Caines@halplant.com>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <netchild@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD ports <FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   devel/stlport-icc bild/test broken

Alexander,

In an attempt to give Intel's C/C++ compiler a spin, I jumped through the
registration and download hoops and have icc-8.0.058.p059 (lang/icc)
installed. Since the install of icc says that devel/stlport-icc is needed
to compile C++ code, I have tried and failed to install it.

After appending /usr/local/intel_cc_80/bin to my PATH, since the
stlport-icc build will try to rebuild icc if it's not there [Can't this
dependency be handled in the Makefile, as normal?], I start the build and
it runs for some time and then starts running tests, but segfaults on the
same test every time:

----8<----
EH test : hash_multiset
[hash_multiset] :testing hash resize (weak) ... 100 try successful
[hash_multiset] :testing insertion of random value without resize (strong) ... 5 try successful
[hash_multiset] :testing insertion or random value (weak) ... 4 try successful
[hash_multiset] :testing range insertion at random position (weak) ... 258 try successful
[hash_multiset] :testing pointer range constructor (const) ... 227 try successful
[hash_multiset] :testing range insertion at random position (weak) ... 576 try successful
[hash_multiset] :testing default constructor (const) ... 2 try successful
[hash_multiset] :testing iterator range n-size constructor (const) ... 472 try successful
[hash_multiset] :testing copy constructor (const) ... 198 try successful
[hash_multiset] :testing assignment operator (weak) ... 197 try successful
EH test : rope
[rope] :testing single insertion at random position (weak) ... eh_test_d in free(): error: chunk is already free
Abort trap (core dumped)
gmake: *** [eh_test_d.out] Error 134
*** Error code 2

Stop in /home/ports/devel/stlport-icc.
** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa /tmp/portupgrade76971.14 make
** Fix the problem and try again.

I've tried this several times on my up-to-date STABLE and RELENG_5_1
systems and it crashes at the same place every time.

Do you have any suggestions on getting this port built?

-Andrew-
| -Andrew J. Caines-   Unix Systems Engineer   A.J.Caines@halplant.com  |
| "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary |
|  safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin, 1759 |