Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:02:14 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        Mike Makonnen <makonnen@pacbell.net>
Cc:        Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.ORG>, nik@FreeBSD.ORG, julian@elischer.org, gordon@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@Awfulhak.org, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rcNG rollout in -current

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002 02:11:06 MST, Mike Makonnen wrote:

> Yes, this is why I've been dissapointed with the dearth of testers.

Hang in there.  I suspect that, now that it's actually committed, you'll
be getting a LOT more feedback.

I've had a look at the stuff you've brought over from NetBSD and I'm
_very_ excited about it.  I'm particularly impressed with the degree to
which you've tried to stay true to the NetBSD implementation, not to
mention the fact that you've pressed on in spite of a lot of criticism
from folks who hadn't really given rcNG much thought, and a lot of
apathy from those of us who're just plain short on time.

I'm about to try my first rcNG bootstrap.  I'm confident that there are
lots of people who, like me, are much more likely to test stuff if it's
in the tree and just requires the flick of a switch to turn on and off.

So hang in there!

Ciao,
Sheldon.