Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 2001 00:43:01 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "JT Perry" <johntp@veriomail.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Panic: resource_list_alloc : resource list busy

The CMD640 IDE controller has a severe hardware bug in it.
The older wd driver contained a workaround for this chip
but the newer ad driver does not.  You can boot FreeBSD 3.X
on it, or you can create a custom installation floppy that
uses the wd driver instead of the ad driver, or best of
all you can replace the disk system with a SCSI adapter
like a cheap Tekram and a nice SCSI hard disk.