Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:28:32 -0500
From:      "Zach Burnham" <burnham@process.com>
To:        <freebsd-apache@freebsd.org>
Subject:   lockf status on Apache processes on 5.4-STABLE, apache 2.2.3

Hello everyone.

I've had an issue with an internal web server here.  Occasionally it'll
be unresponsive to http requests and will need to be restarted, or will
just be annoyingly slow.

In our investigations we've seen that there are a bunch of httpd
processes in "lockf" status.  The server load is near-zero, and none of
the lockf status processes appear to be consuming any resources past
their memory footprint.

The only information I've been able to find is regarding the Listen
directive; specifically, to set it to "Listen *:80".  We also handle
https traffic, so ours is set to "Listen *:80 *:443". =20

Do any of you have any suggestions as to what we can look at from here?
Or failing that, is there a way to see what files are open and which
process has opened them, or other status information that might point us
at the right thing?

TIA.

Zach