Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:28:35 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        Steve Wingate <s.wingate@pobox.com>
Subject:   Re: gdesklets

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 22:20:24 -0500
Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net> wrote:

> Yep, Alexander had to hack a lot of stuff in the libdesklets because of
> Linuxish, which we are doing some test right now and might be done by
> tomorrow or so.. Few (three to four) desklets will be committ in the ports
> tree sometimes soon, when Alexander (netchild) commit the update of
> gDesklets 0.22 in the ports tree...

0.22 is now in the tree, there are still some remaining bugs in the
libdesklets part which should be easy to fix... as soon as you manage to
get a working display which actually displays something... see below.

The just added desklets work all without a problem.

> BTW: I have more than 8 or 9 desklets ports, but I am holding them because
> of refresh problem.. If someone know how to fix the refresh problem, then
> I will send all of those desklets ports to PR.

The problem with the refresh is the use of threads. The threads which
are supposed to update the display get created (instantiated), but they
don't run (the functions doesn't seem to get called). I don't know how
to debug this problem further (a short test program with python-threads
works without problems).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
              To boldly go where I surely don't belong.