Date:      Wed, 19 Dec 2001 19:23:55 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Maxim Konovalov <maxim@macomnet.ru>
To:        Yar Tikhiy <yar@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.ORG, <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Processing IP options reveals IPSTEALH router

Hello Yar,

On 18:19+0300, Dec 19, 2001, Yar Tikhiy wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I ran into an absolutely clear, but year-old PR pointing out that
> a router in the IPSTEALTH mode will reveal itself when processing
> IP options: kern/23123.
>
> The fix proposed seems clean and right to me: don't do IP options
> at all when in the IPSTEALTH mode.  Does anyone have objections?
> If no, I'll commit the fix.

First of all we should decide what IPSTEALTH is for. Is it just a
Ruslan's net.inet.ip.decttl or it should really stealth the fact of
the routing? If the latter how do we behave in source routing case?

--
Maxim Konovalov, MAcomnet, Internet-Intranet Dept., system engineer
phone: +7 (095) 796-9079, mailto: maxim@macomnet.ru