Date:      Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:38:11 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, pir@pir.net
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad X30, wireless card

In message: <20030108211532.GF18309@pir.net>
            Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net> writes:
: "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com> probably said:
: > At a minimum, you'll need to save the BARs in suspend (maybe setting
: > the power state to D3 afterwards) and then restore them afterwards
: > (after setting the power state to D0)....
:
: I was talking to a couple of people about the general FreeBSD
: compatability of the X30 and mentioned this problem. One of the people
: was winter and he came up with a couple of test patches, this one
: seems to have fixed the problem for me.

OK.
: + static int
: + wi_pci_suspend (device_t dev)
: + {
: + 	return (0);

NetBSD has
	wi_stop(ifp, 1);
in a similar location.

: + }

: + static int
: + wi_pci_resume (device_t dev)
: + {
: + 	struct wi_softc		*sc;
: + 	struct ifnet		*ifp;
: + 	sc = device_get_softc(dev);
: +
: + 	if (sc->wi_bus_type != WI_BUS_PCI_NATIVE)
: + 	  return (0);
: +
: + 	ifp = &sc->arpcom.ac_if;
: + 	ifp->if_init(ifp->if_softc);
: +

and
		if (ifp->if_flags & IFF_UP) {
			wi_init(ifp);
			(void)wi_intr(sc);
		}

here.

So I suspect that those are better patches.

Warner