Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 09:22:30 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        jahrens@csilaw.net (Jesse Ahrens)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel compile failure

In a previous message, Jesse Ahrens said:
> hey, i got an error 1 code when i tried to recompile my kernel; it went
> through the config command fine, but refused to finish on the make command;
> i appreciate any help i can get

Ok, if you want help, you have to provide a lot more details.

1) Put a subject on your email.
2) What version of FreeBSD are you running. (uname -a)
3) What is the general config of your computer. Processor, disk,
   memory, etc.  (dmesg)
4) What is the error message, and what file did the compile fail on.
5) And most importantly, don't just reply to me. ALWAYS send to
   the entire group. I don't know everything.

The people on this list are good, but no one can help you
if you don't provide a minimum information.

--
Rainbows are just to look at, not to really understand.