Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 00:54:38 -0600
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        "Chris Silva" <ras@interaccess.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: speaking of irritating mail (was =?windows-1252?B?UkU6ILF6pECpd61upc7A9KtPpVK5cblxpsA=?=)

At 09:25 PM 10/27/98 -0600, Chris Silva wrote:

>Umm, well - lets look at thin in another light.  English *is* the
>international
>spoken word. So it seems to be fitting.

Hmmm... when one out of five speaks at least one dialect of Chinese?  I can
say hello, goodbye, and F<bleep>u in Mandarin, but don't read a bit of it.

>I myself would like to see this thread die. So let's please consider
>what this
>list means to us - and to the ones that really want to learn to secure
>FBSD.

Agreed, but take a moment to consider how US-centric the net is and the
resentment of this by some in the world community.  Hopefully it will help
in the long term, but I need to bite my tongue from time to time.  8-)

I'd follow this up to -chat, but I'm not subscribed there.

>Just my pennt and a half...

Also....

Would you be so kind as to turn off your disposition notification, which
IMO rates higher for flaming than HTML formatted mail.  Not to be rude, but
it is the most irritating "feature" for mail.

And er <cough>, sending responses to an HTML formatted one... including the
list.  Now I just trash HTML mail, but I forgot about:

Disposition-Notification-To: <blah>

cheers!

Jeff Mountin - Unix Systems TCP/IP networking
jeff@mountin.net