Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 19:00:00 -0500
From:      mpd <mpd6334@cs.rit.edu>
To:        Jeff Jeter <gsfgf@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: I need to get me a new glibc

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 06:48:36PM -0500, Jeff Jeter wrote:
> I'm runninf FreeBSD 4.4 w/ linux-base62.  It appears to server as glibc
> 2.1.2.  When attempting to install Open office it told me i need glibc
> 2.1.3.  Is there a good way to upgrare to this.  I have treied linux-base7,
> but it doesn't seem to work well.  (ie, netscape doesn't work anymore).

I'd be surprised if openoffice is even usable. Both ports are marked
as broken, but this is an important enough piece of software that
if there was a way to make it work, it likely already would.

Installing by hand looks to be about as fun as getting teeth pulled.

As for upgrading glibc, you said you already tried linux-base7,
which didn't work. I think you're out of luck. Upgrading it by hand
would likely screw the compat environment up.

If someone else has been able to do this, I'd also like to hear about it.

mike