Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 1996 11:11:40 GMT
From:      Steve Ames <steve@cioeserv.cioe.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   default sendmail.cf broke?

I cannot send email to certain systems (mostly VM). The error seems to
exist because of my address is not being fully qualified. I really need
a fix for this as I would like to be sending a lot of mail to people on
a VM system at Purdue University (vm.cc.purdue.edu)...

If you have the default sendmail.cf that came with 2.1 try the following

mail -v test@vm.cc.purdue.edu

and watch the results. I would much appreciate it if anyone could tell
me how to patch the sendmail.cf file for this. I realize its probably a
one line patch, I just don't know it :(

					-Steve