Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 1999 20:24:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Coleman <chrisc@vmunix.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kkenn@rebel.net.au>, Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MSNBC: The Net's stealth operating system

> So, does the MSNBC effect come anywhere close to the SlashDot effect?

Not even close.  We got nearly 80,000 hits from the slashdot effect in one
day.  (combined with the other linux sites that picked up the news).

Today, we have gotten about 10,000 hits and about half that is regular.
Maybe if ZDNET had picked up the link along with the article we might have
gotten a few more.

I noticed that they went and edited their article.  They fixed the
Daemonnews.org address and added another quote by the Red Hat lady
explaining their absense at DefCon. (unlesss I missed that earlier).

	-Chris