Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:09:04 -0600
From:      Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "b. f." <bf1783@googlemail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: xorg ports roadmap?

On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 00:18 +0000, b. f. wrote:
> What plans are there, if any, for an xorg update in Ports after 8.0 is
> released?  What versions of the key xorg ports will be included in
> such an update?  Are there any patches available, or a repository with
> public access, as in the past?  Is rnoland@ the only person working on
> this?

AFAIK, yes...  I'm intending to update to at least basic set of 7.5
ports.  There are some issues that need to be resolved though.  We can't
update the Intel driver without losing drm support and the current
driver doesn't build against Xserver 1.7.1.  This is probably not a
major patch-up job, but I haven't looked at it in detail yet.  The other
main issue is that updating libdrm will break nouveau support and I
haven't decided what to do about that yet.

I'm happy to have help as my TODO list is quite lengthy and so it tends
to be more a question of what I feel like working on on any given day.
We just need to figure out how to effectively coordinate multiple
peoples efforts.

I have many of the ports updated in my cvs tree, but a full review of
currently shipping versions needs to be done, as well as resolve the
issues mentioned above.

robert.