Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 2009 12:16:31 -0500
From:      Sean Cavanaugh <millenia2000@hotmail.com>
To:        <jnatola@familycareintl.org>, <jerrymc@msu.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: desktop app/config

> Date: Thu=2C 19 Feb 2009 12:05:08 -0500
> From: jnatola@familycareintl.org
> To: jerrymc@msu.edu
> CC: questions@freebsd.org
> Subject: RE: desktop app/config
>=20
> I think we went off  track a bit- I do know freebsd- my mail filter is a
> FreeBSD with clam exim and sa- but I NEVER use the gui's  - I want to set=
up
> some "recycled" machines with bsd and a gui that will be easy for a user =
> grasp- I have mac users and pc users here-
>=20
> But thanks for all the tips- I currently use ee for editing=20

I think what you are looking for overall would prob be a baseline install w=
ith either Gnome or KDE installed. Personally I prefer Gnome but KDE is mor=
e MSWindows like in its interface. You can go as far as to skin either of t=
hem to look like MSWindows.

setup a basic user with no system control and no password for users to log =
in with and change /etc/ttys so that ttyv8 is turned on and set to GDM or K=
DM (depending on which you want to use).

Definitely configure what additional software you need installed per your n=
eeds.

-Sean