Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 1995 12:31:43 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        dpflag@usin.com (Daniel Pflager)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X29 Pad/iso networking, ccitt networking

> Who can tell me about X29, iso networking, and ccitt networking in FreeBSD?

1)	Partial support in existing X.25 code, not necessarily all
	there.  Specifically, three apparently necessary pieces
	missing in the link code.  Can't tell you more, since I
	don't use X.25 on purpose.

2)	ISODE compiles and appears to run, at least sufficiently to
	use FTAM in a networking lab.  No real changes from the
	distribution, just compilation.

3)	Have no idea about CCITT.  Rumor is that it is legacy code
	and doesn't work at present because it has not been maintained
	because no one ever buys the necessary hardware on purpose.

Hope this helps some.  Your best bet on CCITT and X.25 will be the
Europeans on the list.  You might try Dennis (see his stuff under
commercial support on www.freebsd.org -- his company does sync serial).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---