Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 1999 09:43:39 +0100
From:      "Bond, Jeffery" <Jeff.Bond@nectech.co.uk>
To:        "'alan17@wizard.net'" <alan17@wizard.net>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: How to boot FreeBSD

Hi again Alan,

Just a thought, what version of FreeBSD are you using? When I had this setup
with 2.2.8 I had to recompile the kernel to make it work. I'm sure it was
fixed in 3.1

I think it falls over because it sees your secondary master as the 2nd
device (instead of 3rd device), so somehow thinks this is wd1a and not wd2a.

Can anyone back me up and confirm that this WAS a real bug? Has it been
fixed?

Jeff