Date:      Wed, 1 Dec 1999 11:38:05 +1000
From:      Phil Homewood <philh@mincom.com>
To:        hgoldste@bbs.mpcs.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AHC parity errors, timeouts - -STABLE

hgoldste@mpcs.com wrote:
> In mpc.lists.freebsd.questions, you wrote:
>  : My bet is on a flaky disk, but I'd like to hear if anyone else is
>  : suffering this or has any ideas before I send the disk back. :-)
>
> Yes, I've been having this problem on and off for years with various
> different machines since 2.2.5.  The only items in common on my boxes
> are the 2940UW controllers and the viking model Quantums (different
> controller/drives/motherboards/power supplies/etc).

Interestingly, some hardware swapping seems to indicate that the fault
is peculiar to one motherboard/2940 combination. Swap an identical
2940 from an identical machine and the fault cannot be reproduced on
either box; swap the cards back and the fault reappears.

Weird? You bet. Vendor due out RSN to diagnose. :-)
information. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete
it and notify the sender. The contents of this email are the opinion of the
writer and are not endorsed by Mincom Ltd unless expressly stated otherwise.