Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:49:35 +0200
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Marc Silver <marcs@draenor.org>
Cc:        "Morten A. Middelthon" <morten@freenix.no>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with screen/ircII

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 02:42:38PM +0200, Marc Silver wrote:
> I've noticed that mutt is also very broken with screen 3.9.8 -- I also
> thought it was a termcap problem, but I spent a lot of time on this and
> wasn't able to get it working.  I have to press Ctrl-L all the time in
> mutt to clear the screen of characters that are no longer there... which
> is quite frustrating.  It's so annoying that I'm even contemplating
> going back to 3.9.5 with the patch installed...

Hmm, that sounds familiar - only I'm not running mutt in screen,
but in gnome-terminal. It especially happens when viewing a lot
of messages, but I've never been able to pinpoint a specific
set of commands that reproduce the problem.

The weird thing is, I also couldn't reproduce the problem in an xterm.
See http://www.win.tue.nl/~stijn/zvt-bug/ for a bug description.
I originally thought that zvt (the terminal widget for gnome) was the
culprit, but the author couldn't find anything to that effect.

I'm suspecting the FreeBSD ncurses now...

Just another report...

--Stijn