Date:      23 Oct 1999 21:37:10 -0700
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        charon@freethought.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, andreas@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apsfilter's dependencies

 * From: charon@freethought.org

 * Why is it that http://www.freebsd.org/ports/ no longer lists the huge
 * number of dependencies that apsfilter has?  All it lists are bzip2-0.9.5d
 * and recode-3.4, but apsfilter still needs all the other stuff (see
 * /usr/ports/print/apsfilter/scripts/configure) to work.
 *
 * Because my network card isn't supported under freebsd, I have to download
 * all the dependencies in WinNT and then reboot to FreeBSD, so I have to have
 * _everything_ right or else I have to reboot just to dl another file.  When
 * the dependency lists are FUBAR, this make life very difficult...

Yikes.  That is because apsfilter tries to build dependency lists on
the fly in Makefile.inc.  Since it's built from scripts/configure, it
won't show up if you do a "make index" on a clean ports tree (as I
do).

Andreas, please move the batch stuff into Makefile the proper (just
protect it with ".if defined(BATCH)") and delete them from
scripts/configure, so they will show up in INDEX.

Thanks,
-PW