Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 1999 12:40:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Mark J. Taylor" <mtaylor@cybernet.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   The NetMAX product

Francisco has been mentioning on this list about the NetMAX product.
I have just subscribed to this list, and am ready to answer any
questions regarding our product!

I'd like to mention that it is certainly not a "prettied-up" webmin
(http://www.webmin.com).  There are quite sophisticated checking and
cross-validation that is done on input fields so that the admin cannot
"shoot him/herself in the foot".

Also, the interface to the server configuration is only via a GUI web
browser, so you don't need X installed (unless your client workstation
is a Unix machine, of course).  Who does not have a GUI web browser?
We felt that using HTML gives it a much more universal appeal, as opposed
to an X11-based approach.

Lastly, the packages that we've included, and integrated, and tested,
go beyond what a "standard" FreeBSD/Linux install would have.

Feel free to ask me/us any questions!  Or, send email to
  netmax-support@cybernet.com
or
  netmax-support@netmax.com

---
Mark J. Taylor                                   Networking Research
Cybernet Systems                                mtaylor@cybernet.com
727 Airport Blvd.                               PHONE (734) 668-2567
Ann Arbor, MI  48108                            FAX   (734) 668-8780
http://www.cybernet.com/                      http://www.netmax.com/