Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 1996 22:32:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>, grog@lemis.de, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do I write this SGML stuff?

On Tue, 4 Jun 1996, Chuck Robey wrote:

> OK.  if "ccc" means what I think it does, column 1 centered, column 2
> centered, and column 3 centered, this is great.  There should be others,
> like l, r (obvious), s (continue column), and n(decimal).  Let me look at
> the linuxdoc stuff, see how this works (or doesn't).  If it's broke in
> troff mode, I'll fix it.

c = center
l = left align
r = right align
| = a vertical line (between columns)

I'm not sure what the semantics of s are, but n doesn't appear to
be directly supported in LaTeX's tabular enivornment, although
this may have changed in LaTeX2e.  My TeX is is a little rusty.

Without some tweaks to sgmlfmt, we are limited to the
intersection of the troff and LaTeX table formats.

-john

== http://fallout.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ================