Date:      25 Jul 2002 09:02:11 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS-UP ipfw now in -stable (as an optional replacement of the old ipfw)

At 2002-07-24T03:28:49Z, Luigi Rizzo <luigi@FreeBSD.ORG> writes:

> On the other hand, i believe you do really want to use this new code. In
> addition to being twice as fast in processing individual rules, you can
> use more powerful match patterns such as
>
>           ... ip from 1.2.3.0/24{50,6,27,158} to ...
>           ... ip from { 1.2.3.4/26 or 5.6.7.8/22 } to ...
>           ... ip from any 5-7,9-66,1020-3000,4000-5000 to ...

Darn it, Luigi!  When I first started using FreeBSD, I learned ipfw.  For
reasons that I don't really remember now, I eventually switched to
ipfilter.  Now, thanks to this annoyingly attractive commit, I may have to
switch back - especially since I just found out that I'll have to use ipfw
if I want to set up firewalling on a bridge(4) system.

In all seriousness, this looks terrific.  Thanks to everyone who made it
happen!
--
Kirk Strauser
The Strauser Group - http://www.strausergroup.com/