Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 2015 18:58:45 +0100
From:      Mark Martinec <Mark.Martinec+freebsd@ijs.si>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cant install any perl module via ports "Undefined symbol "PL_tainting"

On 2015-11-17 18:19, Mike Jakubik wrote:
> Undefined symbol "PL_tainting" at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.16/XSLoader.pm line 68.
>  at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/mach/5.16/Encode.pm line 10.

Looks like a mismatch between a version of perl and a module.

> I decided to update spamassassin today and its dependencies only to
> find out that perl is now somehow broken, i get the following errors
> during installation.

Btw, the recent update of p5-Net-DNS to 1.03 broke its compatibility
with spamassassin-3.4.1_4 (as is currently in ports).

So, after you sort out your perl installation, until a better
solution is available, please consider downgrading Net::DNS to 1.02,
e.g. installing it from CPAN. See the recent topic on the
users@spamassassin.apache.org mailing list:
   "DNS lookups fail with SpamAssassin since Net::DNS 1.03"

   Mark