Date:      Wed, 2 Jun 2004 08:09:26 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        "Aldinson C. Esto" <aldinson@ntsp.nec.co.jp>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ifconfig.c developer manual

--UHN/qo2QbUvPLonB

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 11:42:27AM +0800, Aldinson C. Esto wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> =20
> I know most of you here already have extreme knowledge about freeBSD's
> ins and outs.  I just want to ask specifically regarding FreeBSD's
> ifconfig.c's functions and what does each function do.
>
> No one can give me a developer's manual for such and I really need
> someone to interpret each function for me.

UTSL.  There is no developer's manual.  All the documentation that
exists is in the form of the source.  If you have specific questions are
particular functions, you can ask them, but don't expect other people to
spend a lot of time explaining how to read the code.  The code is a
mess, but it's not all that hard to understand parts of it if you really
sit down and work your way through it.  Just start with main and
understand what it does.

-- Brooks

--=20

--UHN/qo2QbUvPLonB