Date:      Wed, 7 Mar 2001 15:11:15 -0500
From:      Chris Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net>
Cc:        Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Temp and fan program

--v9Ux+11Zm5mwPlX6

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 02:05:52PM -0600, Bruce Burden wrote:

> > Ryan Snedegar pointed me to lmmon(8), in the Ports Collection.  Quite
> > a nifty little utility, but sadly, it does not report CPU temperature.
> > If anyone has a pointer to the magic values to get at this through the
> > /dev/io interface to the LM78/79 addresses, I would be most obliged.
> >=20

lmmon/wmlmmon have not been updated since: a) I don't have specs for other
chipsets; b) I don't have other hardware for other chipsets for testing;
c) patches are accepted :) (btw, what hardware *do* you have?)

> 	Very similiar is wmlmmon, which pops up a little window. You
>    can click on the top of the window to get CPU temps and fan speeds.
>=20
> 	I believe wmlmmon is lmmon in a Gnome(GTK) window.
>=20

Ummm, no. :)  It is a windowmaker dock app...

--=20
Chris D. Faulhaber - jedgar@fxp.org - jedgar@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD: The Power To Serve   -   http://www.FreeBSD.org

--v9Ux+11Zm5mwPlX6