Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 2002 20:40:49 +0100
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        joe@freebsd.org, jasper@pointless.net, jcb@closedbsd.org
Subject:   Running VMware with vn(4) on -STABLE

Guys,

I'm still using the 'use the block device major' number hack which seems
to work with vn(4) too; just got VMware booting off disk images this way.

I have written a MAKEDEV script which sits in my /compat/linux/dev
directory now for playing with vn(4)-attached images, if anyone would like
a copy, it's at http://www.incunabulum.com/code/MAKEDEV.vn.

[ Oddly enough, boot0 is willing to try to boot off a PCMCIA CompactFlash
  adapter if it sees it as a secondary IDE device inside VMware. ]

BMS