Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:13:21 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Abid Saigol <abid@saigol.biz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg_add php4 with apache+ssl

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 01:24:10PM -0400, Abid Saigol wrote:

> I have used pkg_add to setup apache with ssl (apache+mod_ssl-1.3.29+2.8.1=
6)
>=20
> Now I am trying to setup PHP4 using pkg_add as well (php4-4.3.4_2)
>=20
> I had to use -force option as php4 looks for apache without mod_ssl.  Now
> when I run "apachectl configtest" I get the following message:
>=20
> [warn] Loaded DSO modules/libphp4.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this modu=
le
> might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)
>=20
> I'm not sure I want to get in downloading ports and compiling at this sta=
ge.
> What are my options to fix this situation.

Ummm... downloading ports and compiling.  That is your only option for
running that combination of software.  However, stories of the
awfulness of compiling your own software are viciously exaggurated by
those that have never had the pleasure of using the ports system.  The
worst problem you're going to have is the wait to download the ports,
and even that can be minimized by installing from one of the FreeBSD
installion disks and then by using cvsup(1) as shown in the cvsup FAQ
to adopt the installed stuff and update it properly.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way